Educator Reflective Planning Tool
The Nature Park vision is for every young person in education to have opportunities to develop a meaningful connection to nature, understand the concepts of climate change and to feel able to do something about it.
Supporting this vision requires careful planning and delivery, ensuring that opportunities are bespoke to educational settings and the young people within them. We encourage you, as educators, to evaluate your actions, allowing you to support your learners and make the most of the Nature Park programme.
Reflective Planning Tool Guidance
This reflective tool can be used to support you to:
- Identify how your actions and implementation of the Nature Park programme and resources will support your learners (knowledge, skills and attitudes)
- Consider how the Nature Park resources will help you to contribute to the school community (e.g. working towards a Climate Action Award, wider school priorities)
- Identify your current and future professional learning needs
- Have a record of your actions and impact
- Share best practice and strategies with colleagues
Considerations when you are using the tool:
- How can you personalise and localise resources and activities for your learners?
- How can you centralise student voice (experiences, interests and needs)?
- How can you support positive wellbeing and mental health?
- How can you collaborate with others and draw on different expertise?
This tool may help when facilitating reflective activities such as Write a vision statement.